Sri Lanka Bound ~ A Canadian Librarian Abroad

Monday, January 01, 2007

10 days and counting...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, it looks like 2007 is going to be an interesting year. I cannot believe that the trip is only ten days away and that it is really happening... but, it is! I have the plane tickets, I have had the shots, and I have the piles and lists to prove that something is happening! So, now all I have to do is finish preparing the mission program and I will be good to go. So much left to do... oops, I cannot think about it too much or I lose the ability to breathe... which really is a problem. We submitted the mission plan and it has been sent off to the field which is good... now I just have to prepare the training sessions and figure out how to do it without all of the support materials that I usually depend on... I cannot bring a shelf of books and a closet of props. That is making me nervous... it will only be me. UGH.

The good news is that I will be bringing a laptop, and I think I will have easy internet access, at least while I am in Colombo for the first week, so I will be able to blog while I am there... okay, maybe that is not so exciting, but I feel better knowing I will be connected to my real world in some way.

Okay, this is merely procrastination at this point... must get back to work... or, maybe I will go scrub the kitchen floor... :-)

2 Comments:

  • I wish you could take me with you!! Truly, I do! You see I'm having a mid-life crisis myself.

    By Blogger Lise Psutka, at 7:01 PM  

  • ...Lise is that a nasty reference to my Province Wide appearance?!?! ;-)

    By Blogger Laura, at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home