Sri Lanka Bound ~ A Canadian Librarian Abroad

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Home again, home again...

Yes, I am home. Safe and sound and just a tad jet-lagged. It was a bit of a shock to come home to find that winter arrived while I was away. It may take me a few days to get used to the snow and ice! And, I was up last night at 2:00 am... still exhausted but completely unable to sleep when I need to be sleeping. Oh well, I guess that will work itself out.

I was going to post a few more pictures... but somewhere between the Hong Kong airport and Kitchener the laptop died (UGH). I guess it is good it happened when it did, otherwise I would have spent the agonizing flight stressed out about having killed a computer. All of my pictures and the almost completed report are on it... so keep your fingers crossed that Bryan the-world's-best-IT-guy can salvage the hard drive! Yikes. Can't stand the thought of starting the report from scratch... without Rob.

I received my first email from the Batticaloa Library overnight... it was a great message to find in my inbox. So happy that they are using the internet/email and starting to get more comfortable with it.

So that is all for now. Thanks for reading!!! Really, thanks, it kept me motivated to post. I will let you know any further developments... like if or when I am to go again to Sri Lanka.

Keep warm,
LR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home