Sri Lanka Bound ~ A Canadian Librarian Abroad

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another Good Day

Well it was a good day, but I am afraid that I do not have much to say today. We got a lot of work done... finished the implementation plan... assigned tasks, set deadlines, it was a very good exercise... but it left us all a little tired. Then we did a little exploring of the PURNA cataloguing system... a Sri Lankan adaptation of ISIS from UNESCO... which seems to be the most common integrated library system here. It was good to finally see it, and tomorrow we are having lunch with Mr. Yapa, the PURNA guru. Ahhhh, we are making good progress.

After the work was finished for the day Nesha took me out shopping to The House of Fashion... I guess it is a famous and very popular Colombo shop. It was a bit overwhelming, and the trip there was harrowing, but I bought a pair of pants for $3.50... so it was all good. ;-)

So, I am off to bed now. I hope it is not tooo cold at home! More tomorrow...

1 Comments:

  • love it bargain shopping in Sri Lanka. the pictures with even just a little background show how beautiful the place is.

    cold and nasty here, so enjoy the warmth.

    By Blogger kathleen, at 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home