Sri Lanka Bound ~ A Canadian Librarian Abroad

Friday, January 12, 2007

Safe, Sound & Exhausted!

I am here? I am there? Okay, I am so tired that I don't really have any idea where I am or what day it is. But I trust them when they tell me I am in Colombo. Wow. What a trip. I left home about thirty hours ago and have been travelling almost non-stop...just a few layovers. It actually was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Everything went smoothly, no delays, turbulance was not too bad, my luggage arrived and I was met at the airport... really what more could I ask for?

So, I should probably be in bed right now, but I had to buy an hour of internet time ($6USD) to even check my email so I figured I might as well post and get my money's worth. Although, I will probably read this tomorrow and be horrified because I am not very coherent at the moment and I cannot seem to type.... but I won't let that stop me. ;-)

Now the killer leg of my journey, the fifteen hour Toronto to Hong Kong flight was on Air Canada... I didn't think the service was too bad until I had the second two flights on Air Singapore... wow, talk about enjoyable flying! The first plane was brand new and soooo spacious, and they served the best meals... who knew plane food could be so good? But, the best thing... actual silverware and glasses! I cannot believe they still have those... not to mention the free razors in the restrooms... apparently terrorism does not threaten them. Impressive. Oh and they also have the most beautiful flight attendants and free wine... so fly Air Singapore if you have the chance!

I got here to the Cinnamon Grand about 1:30 am... the thirty minute trip from the airport was very interesting. I can't wait to see it in the daylight. Even at this hour it is a bit crazy out there, lots of speedy drivers honking everytime they pass someone. And lots of huge Buddas funked up with neon lights.

The rest will have to wait until tomorrow.

So stop worrying (you know who you are)... I am here. I am good. I am going to bed.

Good night,
LR :-)

2 Comments:

  • Hi Laura!!

    Glad to hear you got there safely!!! Who worried??? ROFL

    Can't wait to hear more about daytime Sri Lanka! Have fun!!! :D

    By Blogger Jellyarmsrme, at 1:31 PM  

  • Hi Laura

    Thanks for the update about your safe arrival. Cheryl and Cathy have gone to Mexico and I promised to email CK about your arrival.

    Enjoy. Susan H.

    By Blogger Susan, at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home