Sri Lanka Bound ~ A Canadian Librarian Abroad

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dazed in Dubai!

Okay, I probably shouldn't be blogging right now, because I am a little loopy from the chaos and exhaustion, and I will read this later and be horrified by the spelling and grammar... but, here I sit at the airport in Dubai with a great (free) internet connection and a few hours to put in before my flight to Colombo leaves... and I have to do something to stay awake.

This airport is unbelieveable... it is 2:00 am and the place is absolutely packed, people everywhere, and everyone has duty free bags... it is kind of like the United Nations but with Baskin Robbins, Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds in the middle. Very interesting.

So far the flights have gone smoothly... just one more to go. I am looking forward to getting to Colombo, so I can relax and get to work.

... for those of you are interested, and you know who you are... since leaving Toronto I have watched The Good German, Bobby, The Bridge to Terabithia and Miss Potter... not a bad quadruple feature eh? Okay there were gaps in all of them when my eyes where closed but the still count. ;-)

Anyways, that is all for now. More from Sri Lanka...

LR :-)

1 Comments:

  • okay I have only heard of "BobbY", but I did see it first. I don't get to say that often, thought I'd remind you.

    Trooper is unhappy with food restrictions you placed on him..something about you being half a world away and his starving half to death. Promised him tuna water today, you didn't say he couldn't have that. He is loving going up and down the stairs.

    Have fun, keep the updates coming.

    By Blogger kathleen, at 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home