Sri Lanka Bound ~ A Canadian Librarian Abroad

Sunday, May 13, 2007


Greetings from Colombo...

Hello all. Well it is a beautiful, hot, sunny day here in Sri Lanka. I am just organizing the craft supplies I bought yesterday and this morning... I got lots of kids scissors, glue sticks, coloured paper, punches and more. It was fun shopping for the libaries and thinking of all the fun things the kids will be able to make. I even got a few great programming books with craft ideas and reproduceables, and a few wooden puzzles... so THANK YOU to everyone who helped to make it possible.

Rob will be arriving later this afternoon... then we will have to get to work and get organized. We will be leaving for Trincomalee tomorrow morning/afternoon, driving half way, and then finishing the journey on Tuesday. We will be in Trinco until Sunday and then we will travel to Batticaloa. We will be in Batti until Thursday... then back to Colombo on Friday (May 25)... Why am I giving you this itinerary? Well, I don't know when I am going to be able to blog again. It may not be until I get back to Colombo. So if there are no posts for two weeks, don't worry... it just means I don't have easy internet access. I will try to find a way to post a little whenever I can.


Happy Mothers' Day.

More soon,
LR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home