Sri Lanka Bound ~ A Canadian Librarian Abroad

Friday, October 05, 2007

...testing, testing... in Trinco....

Hi. Just using the dial-up connection at the hotel, which is a little wonky. So I won't write much in case it doesn't work.

I have been in Trincomalee for two days. It is currently Saturday morning and I am off to the Children's Library to interview children and parents about the changes they have seen in the library. I will also do some work on their computers and load a few cd-roms. Yesterday, I put an I Spy game on one computer and I had about a dozen children playing it. They were soooooooo excited, and we had a great time. So, for all of you who donated cd-roms... THANK YOU! The children LOVE them and they will definitely get a lot of use.

It is hot here, but the evening is a little bit cooler, maybe 25, but with the ocean breeze it at Club Oceanic it is very pleasant... so sweat and parboil all day, then cool off and relax in the evening. It is odd to be here alone. Kinda miss Rob. There are people in the hotel from all over the world... Switzerland, the Netherlands, Iceland, Germany, France, Japan, Australia... it is a miny United Nations... actually a lot of them do work for the UN. ;-)

Better go, the driver will be here soon.

Pictures will come when I am back in Colombo on Friday or Saturday.

LR

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Jellyarmsrme, at 10:02 AM  

  • Hey Laura!
    It was almost hot enough here to cook a turkey outside! LOL

    It sounds like things are going well...I can't wait to see the pics!

    By Blogger Jellyarmsrme, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home