Sri Lanka Bound ~ A Canadian Librarian Abroad

Thursday, September 20, 2007

5 Days and counting...

Yup. I leave in five days... the evening of September 25th. Am I ready? No, not even a little bit. There is so much to do. This mission is going to be hard... a lot of work to get done in a short time, and it is the last mission, so I want to make sure that I haven't missed anything... and then there are the evaluation reports which need to be done... I am really not look forward to them.

I leave here Tuesday night, get there Thursday morning, then meet with someone at the National Library on Friday... hopefully to get a better understanding on some of the national policies, especially weeding. Then Sunday I will be off to Batticaloa, then Trincomalee, then the whole group will meet for a day in Habarana... then I will be off back to Colombo and off home again. A bit of a whirlwind.

I will blog as much as I can.

Thanks to everyone who donated cd-roms for the libraries... I am able to take the start of a really great collection. Thanks so much.

More soon,
Laura :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home