Sri Lanka Bound ~ A Canadian Librarian Abroad

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Home soon...

Well, I will be home in about twenty-four hours. I feel like I have been away for a long time. It will be good to get home and back to normal.

I have had a lovely day in London... the sun came out today and thawed me a bit. My feet are tired from much wandering. It has been nice.

I saw EQUUS last night. It was powerful and disturbing and difficult to watch at points... but really wonderful. Richard Griffiths was amazing. Daniel Radcliffe was perfect. It was a real treat to be able to see the production here in London, in a beautiful old theatre. I was sitting beside an older man who saw the original production about thirty-five years ago, and he was very impressed with this revival. The hype was about a naked Harry Potter, but the substance definitely wins out.

Today I went to see the Tate Modern... a new facility... just great. It is right on the Thames, overlooking the Millennium Bridge, in an old factory space. It is huge and impressive. The opening collections are equally impressive, almost overwhelming to an art novice like me. It is a mid-term break this week, so everywhere is overrun with children... yes, I know, I am a children's librarian, I am supposed to love children, but having boys spitting down the stairwells and children running through galleries was a little much.

Anyways. That is it. I will be home tomorrow. Just off in search of a good English dinner now. Thanks for reading. I will try to keep you posted about what happens next. At this point, it looks like there will be one more trip and I will once again be Sri Lanka bound in August.

LR :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home