Sri Lanka Bound ~ A Canadian Librarian Abroad

Friday, October 12, 2007

I'm Back...Online!


Phew. Sorry for the long delay in posts... or maybe it just seems long to me... days without even being able to check email was a little disorienting. Here it is October 12th and I don't even know who won the Ontario election, and I sure hope there is a leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich in someone's freezer for me!


I am back in Colombo... and happy but tired. I have to say I have worked my butt of for the last few weeks.... Gnana and those Trinco librarians kept me hopping trying to get everything accomplished that they wanted. But, I think we have done it. We gathered the information, more or less, for the evaluation reports, and we managed to get some other big projects done too.... a new vision statement and mission statement for Trincomalee Library (USAID is building them a website so they wanted a new mission statement to put on it), layouts for the renovated Trinco Library (they will be in it until the new library is completed, and construction is progressing slowly, so it could be a long term temporary solution), collection development policies for Batti and Trinco, and more. And yes, I know, those of you who know me are probably wondering what business I have doing any of those tasks, but I don't somehow I managed. ;-)


Now I just have to finish (start) writing the evaluation reports. A BIG BIG job! But enough about that.... here are some pictures...


International Children's Day perfomance in Batticaloa (organized by the Butterfly Peace Garden)... there are five young men under that elephant!
.... hmmm, I cannot get anymore photos to upload... I will try again when I get to the hotel (at the FCM office at the moment). More soon, promise!

1 Comments:

  • Just checking in..I didn't realize that you were just so recently back from a trip. The online access is so important and the blog becomes a bit of a life-line.

    Sounds like it went really well.
    D.

    By Blogger Dawna Rowlson, at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home